Thursday, July 26, 2007

When the moment is right

I received this email this morning from Karen, who used to live in the same town I grew up in, Morgantown, WV. She had ordered, through my website, a book and my CD THE NAKED READS...

"Good Morning -
Went to the post office yesterday picked it up.
Enjoyed the cd - listened to it this morning on the way to work.
Your friend was right - you have a great voice for "your" poetry -
I did my daily meditation to it and I must say it put a great "spin" on it this
morning!!!!!
I have been way past the romantic part of my life - I know
that to some that seems sad but I am working on "me" - really "me" - at
the age of 54 - I so appreciate the different times of my life.

I married early got out of that one and left Morgantown. I fell in love
in Virginia Beach and when I read your poetry - that is who I reflect on.

My fires burned bright for this man. We were not meant to be but to this
day he is a dear friend: One that I hadn't talked to in 25 years but
since I started working on me - I have picked up correspondence with.

He will always be the ONE TRUE LOVE of my life.

This morning you truly made me ache for that period in my life again -
if only for a moment.

Have a great day, please keep on doing what you do best - exposing your
soul - wow - I only hope that one day I can do that - it must be so freeing!

A grateful fellow refugee,
Karen"

This sort of thing is what gets me through the day. Thanks to you, Karen.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved