Tuesday, July 31, 2007

A dark and violent dream

I had a dark and violent dream the other night. I was a Vampire.

Not the immaterial, shapeless intelligent malevolence of "The Nosferatu's Dream", but the classic Western vampire.

The dream was dark, violent, sexual and disturbing only in that my normal lucid dreaming safeguards did not kick in.

Or did they? Did I choose not to take control of the script as I was enjoying the beast being unleashed to feed? Or was I in control and allowing myself to do those things because I felt the need to bleed the fire of my veins and feed from another source?

Perhaps I have held on too tight for too long and it is time to remind myself of what the feeling of madness is. The amount of time I have spent without a true muse is a record for me, everyday is like waking up to be drawn and quartered.

I am hungry. In ways I have never known before.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved