Friday, July 06, 2007

Annoying questions

Interesting week. Just found out that my nephew who is now in Kuwait, on his way to Iraq, snuck off with his girlfriend two weeks before leaving and they got married. Never heard of that happening, hm?

My daughter and her husband; their room mate had a patio barbecue explosion on the 4th. Neither my daughter or her husband were there, but their room mate received significant areas of 2nd degree burns, a buddy of his received 3rd degree burns to the legs, or so I am told. He gets morphine and skin grafts. Someone was feeding a table-top hibachi with a bowl of...wait for it...ready...kerosene, or so goes the story. Darwin Awards on line 2.

Me, I was sent a list of questions by E.J. as part of his process in rewriting my memoirs. Sample questions:

What was the most memorable date you ever had?
Three people you would have had a better life if you had never met them?
The aliens come, they will take you and one female of your choice away to start a new Earth...who do you take?
The best line you ever wrote?

Yeah, he's annoying the crap out of me. But it does have me thinking.

More like remembering. The first one was easy. Watching the sun set over the Pacific Ocean with Brigit. When I die I expect that to be the last memory I flash to. Too perfect.

Three people? Not easy, as most of the people who have done the most damage to my life have needed me there for them. Mostly ex-loves who were recovering from serious emotional trauma or addictions and I needed to be there for them. The Superman suit has always been hard for me to lay aside. That's probably why I am alone now in the world, I've burned too much of what I was and had in pulling people out of the burning debris of their lives. Well, that and a certain youthful lack of common sense.

Who do I take to start the world over? Even she doesn't know who it would be, and I'll leave it that way. I have found a certain comfort in the shadows, for now.

The best line? Depends on my mood. I am terribly fond of "Please come awhile, remain and play" from "The Unicorns", likewise "I am lost in the possibilities of your presence" from "The Patchwork Skirt of My Love". Hard to say.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved