Thursday, July 26, 2007

trimming the address book

I, from time to time, clean house. By house I mean my email address book, which seems to accumulate names and relationships faster than Paris Hilton at a frat party.

Now there's a thought.

But, it is always stressful. Here's an old friend from high school. Who hasn't answered my last email, from two years ago. Delete.

Here's a former lover, and the person she is now married to. Tacky. Delete. Oh and the guy she was married to when she was seeing you. Delete.

Here's a friend I once bailed out of a disaster of Biblical proportions. I'm still waiting for a thank you. Delete.

A handful of former students from when I taught at M-Tech in Morgantown. Delete. The administrator at M-Tech. Delete.

Wow...here's a half a dozen I have no idea who they are. Delete.

In a few minutes I slashed, with some regret, half of my email address book.

Sorry, Mike, Don, Kristy, Jaime, Paula, Ellen, Thomas, Tim, Jake, T.K. and Donna. Oh, and Steph and Bob and Ray and Ginger.

And after it is all silent...I say a small prayer under my breath that I have not cut anyone who might need to hear from me sometime.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved