Monday, July 09, 2007

muse graphic novel?

Okay, here's one for the books. The comic books.

A few years ago I was experimenting with a technique for converting photographs to pen-and-ink like art for the puposes of doing a graphic novel, tentatively entitled "The Somewhat Deranged Adventure of Skye Meadows".

Never got around to it. Something about divorcing my model.

Anyway, I get an email from an old friend. Seems he has the brilliant idea to do a graphic novel, based on the same technique, but make it about a squad of mythological demi-humans based on my totem muses.

I told him to knock himself out and make sure I get my cut if he ever gets around to it. Now he wants me to consult on it, so we get "the feel" right.

Ummmm...yeah. I know what's next...he'll want me to write some stuff for it. Then I'll be in the middle of it when one of the old muses decides to take umbrage at the fact we have her as a half-badger werecreature with a chain mail bikini with her name.

Come to think of it...(evil laughter).

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved