Tuesday, July 24, 2007

the podcast: By request of the Muses

I am working on the frame for the podcast this week, I want something that, if I were to step into the path of a runaway Kzinti battlepod ten seconds after I finish, I'd have gone out right.

Not that I plan to go out anytime in the next, oh, 40 years. To quote Col. Frank Slade (Al Pacino) in SCENT OF A WOMAN: I'm just getting started...

I practiced my voice this morning. Not the usual voice I use for the podcasts...that voice. The hungry jungle cat. The radiant tiger on steroids. The voice that sounds like it is being whispered into your ear as you lay, eyes shut against distractions, your weary head upon a satin pillow, bare skin to the cool jasmine air.

I framed the setting, it will take place in the City.

I transferred the texts of not only the three requested pieces, but also about a dozen other pieces I anticipate being the requests of those who might respond (we all know the Leopard will request SACRED SMILE and Selke will ask for KISS).

I am contemplating having the band lend a hand for some mood music. At least let Izzy slide something into the night air, something seductive, sad and passionate.

Four days. Then something is unleashed.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved