Wednesday, July 25, 2007

continuing the planning for the podcast

I decided to throw common sense and caution to the wind and place myself in danger of reprisal and wrath and ask my ex (the first one, the Valkyrie) what poem or poems of mine she might want to have me read as part of this weekend's podcast.

She fixed me with that look that she admits she's is fantasizing about my head exploding in flames, then said she does not listen to my podcasts. She employed a tone reminiscent of one telling a phone solicitor you have caller id, a GPS and a cruise missile.

Of course, this didn't answer my question. But I decided that escaping with all body parts still attached for future use was better than making sure her reticence didn't turn into obvious exclusion, and stepped away.

I may include one or more pieces from that era. There's some damn fine works dedicated to her. But it will be by my grace.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved