Friday, December 21, 2007

riders on our rainbows

I think it's a fragment, or several fragments, or something...it just burbled out and I haven't got a pen on me, so I put it to the web.

riders on our rainbows

I've been burned and spurned, taken lashes unearned
for lessons I've learned from beautiful liars.
Rejected
not infected but
unprotected
when the history is inspected
it's amazing I'm alive.

They have whispers on the wall where the hearts of gold fall
and in and through it all
I still kept my point of view
and you, you were learning too
that not everyone who says it
speaks the language it was writ in
some times we just have heard it
from those who want to fit in
something passing them by on grey days
and rather than move away
they climbed on in and asked to steer
never asking where the nearest exit was.

We were ever the perfect hosts
to lug the baggage, calms the ghosts
and offer up our blood as toasts
for the riders on rainbows.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved