Friday, December 07, 2007

going home for a visit

Well, it's about time.

In about 18 hours my plane lifts for the Golden State. Just for a visit, mind you.

But a visit full of rebirth. I will reconnect with old friends, a former muse or two, spend time teaching poetry in schools, and visit with my daughter and her husband, Brian (including seeing him direct the Gore Vidal play "The Best Man").

I will try and grab a meal at Roscoe's, maybe the Pier View is back in business and I can have some of their incredible fish and chips. I'll eat some cheap Chinese food, hang around Venice, and maybe pay my respect to my brothers, the sand dragons.

It's about time.

Of course, the topic of my love life will come up. I'll just smile.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved