Wednesday, December 26, 2007

the inspiration behind I Stand for You

It was very gratifying to read a review of my new villanelle "I Stand for You" and not only see a reviewer with the experience and education to note the heptameter variant, but also to be compared favourably to W.H. Auden and Lord Byron (I sometimes refer to him as "GGLB" for George Gordon, Lord Byron). It is flattering and humbling.

If you wish to view the poem at the Amomancer blog, the link is on the side here. I stand by my position (snarfle) that the quality of the work is more a reflection of the lady to whom it is dedicated than in any way a measure of me as a poet.

Inspiration is like that, and I give credit where it is due. She will be revealed when she chooses to be revealed. Until then, content yourself with the works that are a window into and a mirror of her beauty and value to me.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved