Friday, December 14, 2007

Friday night and the colours adjust themselves

I have had a few hours to ponder my lessons from the desert and am beginning to sort them out. Many, many thoughts, more than I can translate to words in short order, the channel is only so wide and the waters so swift.

I belong here. I learned that more than a decade ago, and nothing has changed. My given obligation to a broken soul drew me from here, but I find my strength in the Santa Ana Winds and the sand dragons, the night blooming jasmine and the texture of the sky.

I will make every reasonable attempt to, in the future, return here.

I am stronger now.

2 comments:

Ms Peach said...

I'm looking forward to reading what this trip inspires in you.

Haven't written an inspired word myself in about six months, but have enjoyed checking in with your blog from time to time.

Best to you,
MP

William F. DeVault said...

Always good to hear from you, Peachy.

The writing will return, you are just resting.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved