Tuesday, December 18, 2007

old friend vote

I could take this morning to talk about my new lover, dispelling all mystery by naming her and telling the story of our relationship.

I could use this time to present some new works, talk about my screenplays I am working on, or even to talk more about the good, the bad and the ugly of my recent California sojourn.

But then I would be predictable.

So, instead, I will discuss the football coaching vacancy at West Virginia University and the man I am rooting for to coach the Mountaineers.

I'm backing Terry Bowden.

Not just because he's the son of a coaching legends and the brother of another first-water coach, or the fact he played for the Mountaineers and has proven himself a competent and creative coach of major college football.

But because I know the guy, having gone to high school and church with him. I have some great anecdotes, anecdotes worth telling if he's the head coach at WVU.

So, c'mon guys, let's get him in the saddle so I can tell about the time...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved