Friday, December 14, 2007

California, by proxy

Well, the poet is winding down his time in the City of Angels and the Golden State by making his sacred pilgrimage to the desert. He has confided in me that he plans to visit again next autumn, but "not alone".

I can guess. Although he did tell me that he has received "more than one" offer of companionship for the next trip. It will be interesting to see what happens. I know who he wants to spend the time with...but plans sometimes take a detour.

I understand he will be meeting with his friend, author Raven West, this evening, and spending some more time with his daughter and son in law before he departs.

High point of his trip so far has to be the day at Notre Dame High School. I'd say the visit to the high desert, but that is not always a pleasant experience...it is his time to wrestle his demons.

And, usually, he wins...but sometimes by a close margin.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved