Thursday, July 06, 2006

the tenor clears his throat

Some minor problems with my email filters, so if you're trying to reach me today, you might experience a slight delay in my response...usually these events are short-lived and do not result in undelivered mail, just delayed mail...so be patient.

It's amazing how a combination of exhaution and testosterone can affect (effect?) you. I was punch drunk by late last night, but it felt good to unwind. I don't drink. Never really have (on my second honeymoon, my now ex-wife demanded I share a drink...I took a mouthful of the offered champagne and, finding it as nasty to the taste as expected (alcohol to me tastes of death and decay) spat it in the sink...maybe that set the pace for the marriage?) so the giddyness of being truly tired is as close as you can get to seeing me soused.

I have received some feedback on "An American Father"...as expected, highly polarized. That's good...at least some of you out there still have passions. Just wait, I have only tested my muscles with a few sotto voce flexes of thought...the sledge of Hephaestus is still sitting idle...to be swung with Olympian fury in a rapidly approaching future. To quote from Pierre Choderlos de Laclos, "One does not applaud the tenor for clearing his throat." It has been too long since I truly flexed my mind, and waiting for a worthy muse has been a sad excuse for the delay.

My apology.

I have tested myself and find myself a shadow of the light I have been and will be again, so I am pushing myself harder, farther, faster.

And, yes, Pam. I have lost about thirty pounds on my diet, but I have much yet to lose. So the excuse of being out of shape fades.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved