Friday, July 28, 2006

The heavier elements in the infrared supergiant

The edits on "101 Great Erotic Poems" are almost complete. It is taking a lot out of me...wondering how much I'll have left for later this fall and "Ronin in the Temple of Aphrodite". There is no new energy source in my life, so I am slowly peeling away bits of myself and cannibalizing them for the energy. The reaction is progressive, like a sun burning out...eventually all fusionable materials run out, leaving only fissionable materials, and then they deplete...I have every faith that, before I find the bottom of the well, there will be new rains.

We shall see. In either case it will be...interesting...to watch.

It is partially intentional. I have felt the need to divest myself of much emotional baggage. Too many people lived up to neither their vows or my perception of their capabilities, including myself. But I am stuck with me, so best to burn away the chaff and build on what is worthy.

Yes, I am smitten. But I believe her to be unaware, and I daren't approach her, except as a friend. Rejection risk, very high, and I'd rather keep her as a friendly acquaintance than risk losing her completely from my life in the awkwardness of an ill-considered approach and the aftermath.

We shall see what robes the winter wears, when she comes. For some reason or other, sapphire blue is flickering in and out of my consciousness. And I would pay twice the price of Odin to know the truth.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved