Monday, July 24, 2006

Friends who watch over me

Just got a mile-long email from my friend Ana, who looks after me (she was the one friend who tried to talk me out of my second marriage...and she ended up being right on about 75% of of her rationale).

Anyway, whenever I travel to DC to see the boys, I stay with Ana and her husband, Tony. She always quizzes me on my personal life, then gives advice (I try to avoid rolling my eyes, I promise)...

Well, she didn't have much to say yesterday, but today she wrote a Russian novel of advice on many of the key topics she quizzed me on, this evening. She now believes I am in the 90-95% "over it" category from my second marriage. I agree...I still twinge, especially when dealing with manuscripts and books that feature "her". But, such is life. I care what happens to her, but you could say the same about every other human I have come in contact with.

She (Ana) is nervous about the fact that I may be interested in someone I work with (where I spend my secret identity time it is very common to date co-workers, something that is practically forbidden some places...) And she crapped all over my excuse about avoiding making a move on someone "too young"...she invoked Harrison Ford and Callista Flockhart (I usually invoke Tony Randall and his second wife, or Charlie Chaplin and Oona...)

But it was a valid write and I respect her points. We shall see if I act on them.

To quote Billy Connolly in "Still Crazy"..."We wait with bated breath..."

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved