Sunday, May 06, 2007

Wailing Wall - The Poet Rocks Out

I considered having E.J. clue everyone in on this, then decided that the jury is still out on whether my greatest character flaw is cowardice or arrogance, I should dispel those rumours to the best of my ability.

In just a little while this week's podcast will go up. It is a good show, full of insight and poetry. It runs eighteen minutes and four seconds.

But at the 14:58 mark, or thereabouts, something odd happens. Instead of going to our closing musical outro...a rock drum starts...and you hear something that, since the dawn of creation has never been heard.

The Romantic Poet of the Internet rocks out.

No, I'm no rock god. My vocal talents are thing and my style is chameleonic, shifting for the musical style...never mastering a genre. But there is something compelling about me taking the testosterone up a few thousand RPMs and kicking out the jams with the Gods of Love.

So there is no debate to the lyrics...here they are, writ just for this song.

Wailing Wall

meet me at the wailing wall and hear the angels cry
time for crimes to to be repaid - time for us to die
the ice grows thin for all I've sinned and nothing left to lose
I've no excuse what I've loosed, for the vanities I choose

pains a stain I can't contain inside this fragile shell
I've met my fate without your hate despite the touch of hell
so where I go is for me to know and philosophers to debate
let me be gone before the dawn now that the hour's late

give me one last moment of bliss locked in your kiss
your sweet embrace and angel's grace are two things that I'll miss
I made my bed said what I said in search of answers rare
but doubt I would've found my path if you had not been there


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved