Tuesday, May 15, 2007

This and that on the Ides of May

I added my newsletter to the permanent links on the left, for those of you who want to be updated when things go down and get in on some of the special offers I've given to my subscribers over the years. It's maintained via Google Groups, and I have found it useful over the aeons.

I played "Wailing Wall" for my son Elric last night. I asked him if he recognized the band or the singer. He didn't. When I told him who it was he looked at me like I had grown another tail. Gratifying.

Yes, I am a "Heroes" junky. Yes, last night was a gratifying fix. Tense, but gratifying. Best moment? "Your last thought..." (or was it thoughts?) *BLAM!* Raise your hands, how many of you thought of the song "Montage" from "Team America: World Police" during Hiro's training sequence?

Yesterday my brother, David, had a birthday. Good on him. He has a great family and is a good guy.

I was thinking yesterday about my old friend Roz Warren, who was the head of Laugh Lines Press. I haven't heard from her in years. I wonder what she is up to? She always had strong views on Newt Gingrich. I bet she is following his flirtation with running for President with great antici-pation.

2 comments:

Ms Peach said...

Ha! Didn't get the Heroes song reference, but DID get the Rocky Horror Picture Show tie-in with Newt! Very funny.

Do YOU remember the scene in which the audience tries to climb the narrator's tie during a close-up?

You could almost superimpose Newt's face there. I'm dripping with antici-pation to see that on SNL in the coming months. Any old contacts there?

M. Peach :^>

Twist said...

Roz. There's a name from the past. I reviewed one of her books back when, it's around here somewhere. Believe it or not I still have every book from all the reviews and interviews I did on AOL. Good Memories.

Twist

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved