Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Summer blockbuster roulette

My sons and I, along with my ex, have attended the three big blockbusters to have opened so far this year, and were discussing the remaining films.

First off, to the three already opened, I think were well all satisfied with SPIDER-MAN 3, SHREK 3 and PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: AT WORLD'S END (actually POTC 3).

But I posed a question to them all: If you could only go see one of the remaining three tentpole releases for the summer, would it be FANTASTIC FOUR: THE RISE OF THE SILVER SURFER, TRANSFORMERS or HARRY POTTER AND THE ORDER OF THE PHOENIX (actually, what is this, HP 5? 6? I lost count!)

My ex, being a devoted Pottermaniac, voted for ORDER OF THE PHOENIX, as did one one of my sons. My other son voted for TRANSFORMERS, which surprised me. I? Being a comic geek who even once was given a tryout as a writer at Marvel by none other than Stan "The Man" Lee, himself, I back FF.

It will be interesting to see how the summer films fare.

Sorry, slight digression from the poetry...I do have a life, you know.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved