Friday, May 25, 2007

silence is...unusual for me

I've been very quiet, I know. Sorry. I have been busy.

New job. New puppy. New projects. Oh, yeah, and the season finales for "Lost" and "Heroes".

Such is life.

I am still very disappointed that I will not get to be at the Frontiers in Writing conference for the Texas Panhandle Professional Writers' Association in two weeks. I promised them I'd try to make it next year.

I have reaffirmed my commitment to this year go for a World's Record via Guinness, for "Longest Solo Poetry Reading by a Single Author". They are evaluating my application. If they give it the "go", I will probably be going for the attempt in August under the auspices of the kind people at Barnes & Noble, in Morgantown, as I owe them for all the kindnesses extended.

There does not seem to be an established record for that throat-brutalizing effort. I anticipate it will take 10-12 hours to set a worthy benchmark. Most poets do not write enough in their life to read for that long. I have a book (The Compleat Panther Cycles) that by itself should be worth 9-10 hours of marathon reading.

We shall see how it goes.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved