Thursday, October 04, 2007

three new poems for a muse

Just written. I hope she likes them.

bring us to the feral

your eyes taunt me haunt me
and make me pray you want me
to do the things that no one else
should ever be allowed to do
for and with and to you
as you embrace my confession
and my expression
of passion unpacked
to bring us to the feral
where we connect, both flesh and heart,
until the line is blurred
and I am cured
of the melancholy of your distance
an insistence
by the gods of this brittle world
that immortality is the gift
that poets control and share
a communion of my essence
taken into you to fulfill
not just prophecy


the taste of your sweat

I want to know the taste of your sweat
kissed from shoulder and breast.
a sacrament for those who are blessed
with the vision to see the necessity
and the purpose of a word stronger than joy.


in silhouette against the sky

whisper to me your desires that I may fan the fires
and fulfill your needs with a heart that bleeds
only to sway you to the surrender to my affection
for my protection, I have danced the edge of the light,
making right the sinister ways and filled my days
with dreaming of you, in silhouette against the sky.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She likes them.

William F. DeVault said...

She better :-)

While poetry is effortless to me, it is painful. Think of it like giving birth...there is great pain and fear and anger and tearing and cracking and life comes into the world...sometimes even needing a surgical assist. I hate those moments.

We have before thought to put me on something to measure my pain response to see if we can actually measure it when I write.

To quote Wolverine when asked if "it hurts": "Every time".

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved