Monday, October 08, 2007

I'm alive...don't nobody worry 'bout me

Don't worry...I am just busy trying to work out the last few legal and technical barriers to something spectacular...it could be manifest within the next 24 hours and I promise it will seem worth it.

Susan - Isn't the romance more fun with the mystery? Besides, I never put pressure on my muses to step from behind the veil. I made that mistake, once...she spent the next two years of her life basically denying we'd ever met as the pressure on her from those both favouring the relationship and opposed to it came out of the woodwork. I think the low point was when someone conducted an interview with her, which was posted online. She had moved on with her life. Later, she called me up and asked me to have the people who had posted the interview with her remove it from publication online! It seems her new boyfriend didn't like some of the things she'd said in the interview.

Yeah, I had to live the life, she wanted plausible deniability.

I have to admit, cowards get my dander up. I don't like painting people into corners, thus the use of totems. If Nightblooming or the Siren or the Leopard ever want to say "Never heard of the guy" they can...it is always heart-wrenching when they do, but this is how people, some people, look at themselves in the mirror every morning, by lying to themselves about their pasts.

1 comments:

SUSAN SONNEN said...

But I think that I know who it is! In fact, until I read this, I was confident that I knew...now I'm not so sure. AND THAT'S REALLY DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! But you are right, the mystery is beautiful. And you are a beautiful soul.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved