Tuesday, October 23, 2007

barefoot hearts

This just came to me, forgive the intimacy.

barefoot hearts

I have walked
barefoot
on cold stone floors
unswept, unkept
able to feel the grains of dirt
beneath the soft but sturdy skin
on the soles of my feet

such is life
to experience life
it must be felt with bare skin
felt, tasted, smelt, probed
despite the dirt and cold stone
waiting for love
waiting for a lover
or walking to her

because that is what she deserves
a man not afraid to walk barefoot
on this life


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard today about the fires in California and how they are being fed by the Santa Ana winds.It made me think of you and wonder...some more.

candy said...

Yes! I love this one :)

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved