Monday, October 22, 2007

morsels and mould

That line in "Horizon", it came to follow me around for a few hours the other day.

You know the line...that line. The line every muse has measured herself against, whether she knows it or not, since the 80's.

"But I, I shall live on these crusts stained with jelly, filling my belly with morsels and mould."

For the past decades, the question has been if I have been filling my emotional, spiritual and psychological belly with the barest minimum necessary to survive. If in hunger I have taken things into myself that are not nourishing, satisfying, to me.

Being thousands of miles from someone you really do have feelings for...it just makes the hunger more real.

1 comments:

Lizzie said...

I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed reading over your work.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved