Wednesday, October 24, 2007

California dreamin'

As December and my trip to the Golden State approaches I am slowly seeing momentum build for several readings, mostly in the schools. This is a good thing.

I like doing readings in schools. Not so much as I do, say, in women's prisons and rehab centers, but nonetheless, a good crowd.

There's always the one who wants to show me their stuff, because their mother told them they are a good writer. There's the girl in the front trying to pull a Sharon Stone. There's th two in the back who snicker at inside jokes based on their limited knowledge of the English language. The archetypes are staggering.

Plus, I get to have lunch with at least one former muse. And see my daughter and son-in-law. All in all a great trip.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved