Monday, September 17, 2007

a vague sense of discomfort

I have never been a fan of presumptuousness (indeed, I have often been accused of treading too carefully for other people's tastes, particularly women).  But I am getting a sense that somehow the muse at the center of the new CD is somehow resentful that I am dedicating it to her.  Just a vibe, and maybe I am wrong, but I am usually pretty good at detecting the grinding of teeth.

I remember how this felt with...well, you all know of whom I speak  I would tread with great sensitivity so as not to overstay my welcome, to not overstate my affections...she would ask for, or accept some token of respect and affection, receive it openly and gratefully, then a few days/weeks later act as if I had created a problem for her.

In her case it was usually because she was playing a multilayered game of shades and shadows.  Public actions compromise deceit.

I am not saying that is the case here, but the sense that I have made someone uncomfortable in doing something they should celebrate and embrace is troubling on so many levels.

I am tired of so many things.  So many things that are part and parcel in dealing with humans in these ingracious times.  But, a soft tread and a cautious heart makes the path bearable.

1 comments:

William F. DeVault said...

I have stirred some discontent with my words, and for this I am truly sorry. sigh.

guess I should only communicate in poetry, hm?

My moods are my moods. No one else is responsible for them, I take full grain of them. My doubts and fears and sorrows and joys are often based on past experience: the nightblooming is not responsible for my abuse at the hands and heart of the panther or the leopard.

But the scars tear readily, and I am alone to mend them.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved