Sunday, September 02, 2007

Jesus Wept

Man, that was exciting. I was heading over to YouTube to grab the link to one of my videos, when I found that someone had done a re-envisioning of my video for "Darfur (Jesus Wept)". It is much better, and I am wholly flattered that someone took the time and trouble to build it (but this is the first I had heard of it!)

Check it out yourself, if you like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSsmppqEgNw

To answer a question addressed in the comments left to this video, the use of the term "Jesus Wept" is not just to lay a Judeo-Christian undertone to the situation, it is also significant from a literary standpoint, as the shortest verse of the Bible, and one that shows that even the divine, in whatever form you embrace, is moved by suffering.

But if a nation like the US, so big on beating its breast and calling itself Christian, does not react, how deep runs the hypocrisy?

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved