Sunday, September 02, 2007

updating the Amomancer

I received several emails yesterday from readers and listeners asking about the upcoming CDs...and while I will not and cannot tell everything, I can tell you where "Amomancer" currently stands.

I am awaiting approval on theme and cover (if you know me, you know what this means: I only wait on "muses"). Barring a major shift or my resigned petulance, expect there to be a subtitle to the CD's title. The first draft of the cover is quite nice, too.

The contents: I am still evaluating tracks, but here is the majority of the list of those under consideration:

Enchante
the taste
slitoris
Centaur
Cut Me
Mantichore
Rivers of Resurrection
sleep
sixfold eloquences
wailing wall
bright and deadly
horizon
I want the fire
skyscraper ambition
32fps2

Most are single-poem works. Notable exceptions: "sixfold eloquences", which has, not surprisingly, 6 poems, and "Manticore", which is an instrumental!

Most of the pieces under consideration have a darker turn towards, well, darkness. There is undeniable eroticism in a few selections, and the recent twist into a blackened passion is evident in many places.

My buggest challenge? The muse. And, some engineering challenges on "sixfold eloquences", which is a bit dry for my tastes in the current cut.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved