Tuesday, September 25, 2007

a fiery and fierce season

I am writing like a dervish, in almost a mad, mystical trace. The strangeness is that it is flowing out of me like I am not the source, but a conduit. I have these sessions from time to time, it is very humbling and inspiring.

I know what triggered it, but even I have my privacies and confidences.

My first instinct when I ache is not to ease the pain, but to express it, then to discover where it comes from. I think people who treat symptoms instead of root causes are much of what is wrong with the world.

Curiosity and resolution are essential to life of any real value or purpose.

1 comments:

candy said...

do you think the poet seeks heartache? personally, I write less when I feel more whole. perhaps this is what is meant by beautiful pain.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved