Monday, April 16, 2007

Thoughts on the VT shooting, part II

It occurred to me that this shooting, at Virginia Tech, auspiciously, falls just 4 days shy of the anniversary of the Columbine and Waco tragedies.

I am concerned that this was a piece of a much-larger plan, that was inadvertently triggered by an over-eager conspirator or someone stumbling upon it (this would explain the two sites...one where the plan was uncovered, one an attempt to do some damage in the face of a botched plan).

Just a thought, maybe wrong, but at least worth considering. I, for one, will watch carefully the news reports and make a determination whether or not it would be prudent to keep my children home from school on 4/20.

I am not paranoid, but my two years working with Monterey County Probation, facilitating their Youth Alternatives to Violence program taught me that a little caution is always a good idea.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved