Friday, April 20, 2007

In honor of the fallen

Tomorrow, at 5pm, I am scheduled to do a joint reading with Dan McTaggart at the Barnes & Noble in Morgantown, West Virginia. After some serious and sober reflection, I have decided to go off the script a bit and add a few new pieces, not contained in any of the books I have for sale there.

These pieces are works from this past week, reflecting on mortality and the incident at Virginia Tech. It is the right, the ability, the capability and the duty of poets to open their hearts and speak of what they see, hear, think, feel. If I did less, I would not respect myself.

I am hoping to see many old friends there, even a few who, at one time or yet to come times, I have considered as possible beyond that.

We shall see, the poet endures.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best buttercup

William F. DeVault said...

Thank you, pansy

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved