Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sunday yardwork, free eBooks and the whole romantic/goth/emo debate

It is a lazy, sunny Sunday here in suburban D.C., and I have yardwork to do in a bit.

I completed the podcast this morning and will be posting it later today. I went with a confessional tone, just you and me. I told the story of how I got into poetry and how I feel about it, then capped with a reading of "Running the Cliffs". I hope you enjoy the show.

Ever since I started offering the free eBook of "The Compleat Panther Cycles" at archive.org there has been a marked uptick in visitors to my site, cityoflegends.com. This is pleasing to me, as most people who write that I have met prefer to be read. If you haven't yet swung by the link at archive.org and picked up your free pdf copy of TCPC, as well as downloading the cover as a pdf (in case you really like the back cover blurb from famed erotic poet Mari Laureano or just the cover image of New York goth-model and musician Jillian Ann) what are you waiting for?

I got an email the other day from a student who had written a piece for English class debating whether I was better described as a "romantic" poet, a "goth" poet" or even an "emo" poet. Sheesh guys, let's watch the hyphenates. It's murder having to change suits everytime fads change. Aside from some evolving sophistication and darker themes (you go through some of the things I have had to go through and not have a crimson and ebon streak) I am still the same author I have been since before most of my readership was born.

Now that's an interesting way to look at it.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved