Tuesday, April 17, 2007

the song does not remain the same

I chose a lyric for the new piece of music from the band (the Gods of Love, remember them?). It is my poem "a taste of remembrance"...but I added a final stanza onto it.

The new stanza is:

I can not unburn the bridges that fell,
fell into Hell when I was foolish
and cruel and played the fool
to my own Celtic Cross,
so certain of my own destiny.
but memory lingers and the stingers
you left in my back,
on my tongue
and in my heart
are sweet and bitter.
the taste of remembrance.

William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

If you want to read the original poem, sans the new lyric, you can see it at Amomancer: The Taste of Remembrance

I just laid the raw vocal. It was emotional and real. It is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I just laid the raw vocal. It was emotional and real. It is good."

No doubt in my mind. Looking forward to hearing it.

`A reAder and a listener

Anonymous said...

Who got laid?

William F. DeVault said...

Not me, for a long time. This is memory of an affair a decade ago.

Anonymous said...

"press lips to marked stone" This struck a raw chord, laid bare the memory of doing this at my parents grave. Rondalaire

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved