Saturday, April 21, 2007

limber blondes and sports statistics

Well, the reading and signing went off without a hitch, aside from low turnout (hey, this is poetry in West Virginia, not a hot ticket) and I am here to report on the high and low points. I did do the poem about the Virginia Tech massacre. Someone said they heard where it now looks like the killer bought his ammo clips off of eBay...this will stir some action, be sure of that.

Regarding the appearance...

Low points:
Low turnout, which translates to sluggish sales. Ah, well.

High points:
Seeing Tag again and getting to hear some of his new material.
Free ice tea.
Seeing my bright, funny, beautiful and oh-so-exotic friend Chan again. Sigh. She would have made a great cover model...still might.
Getting Chanda, the CRM at the Barnes & Noble, all whipped up over my forthcoming "101 Great Erotic Poems". I could hear the saliva.

It is amusing to note that I have met exactly two women named Chanda in my life, and they missed each other by about 15 minutes this evening

All in all, the evening didn't suck. Had a nice conversation with a French woman about the nature of creativity and the writing promise (three-way conversation with Tag, it was interesting how she noted how very different he and I are in not only themes and styles, but in process). I also discussed getting a copy of my latest to actor/author David Selby, also an MHS graduate. I had given him a copy of one of my earlier books, and I thought he would appreciate "Ronin in the Temple of Aphrodite".

Mickey Furfari has written a piece about my brother Mark and his site for Mountaineer sports statistics, MountaineerStats.com. If you are all interested in sports statistics in general or West Virginia University sports stats or history in specific, it is worth a visit.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved