Monday, April 09, 2007

the return of the Pen Dragon

While considered perhaps one of the more enduring writings of my early times (alongside "Monument" and "The Unicorns"), the poem "I Should Have Been Immortal" (or ISHBI, as some refer to it) has always been a conundrum to me when read in public, as it can be almost an ink-blot test of my psyche, or of that of the reader.

Nowhere was this more evident than in a staging of my works as a readers' theatre at a science-fiction mini-convention in, as I recall, 1980, where all five of the characters at one point or another during the show "Pen Drgaon: A Poetic Fantasy" read the work in their own worldview and flavour.

For this next week's upcoming podcast, on April 15th, I will be bringing you multiple moods and incarnations of this work...let's see how it plays, shall we?

After all..."there is not, there will not be, there can not be enough time to taste all the wines..."

Namaste.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved