Monday, April 23, 2007

fixing the podcasts

An update from the last few days...

I received several emails from people complaining that they subscribe to the From Out of the City poetry podcast at Apple's iTunes Music Store and did not receive last week's show.

They are correct, due to human error...specifically mine, the update was not processed. I have corrected this and now the show is available. If you want to subscribe to this FREE music download, and you have iTunes, just click the provided link in this blog to hook yourself up with what is already many, many hours of poetry, music and conversation.

Also, due to a change in file location, we had dropped last year's May 13th show, on the topic of "Commencement". That won't do at all...so I fixed that link as well.

If you do not have Apple's iTunes, just slide over to Radio City of Legends to not only get the current shows, but all of them back these last eighteen months, along with special features available nowhere else.

The great muse machine is, without further comment on the topic, shifting back into neutral. Don't read anything into it negative or malign, I just do what I do.

Time to burn a little brighter.

2 comments:

Ms Peach said...

Nice podcast. Especially enjoyed the Blacksburg Piece and the musically enhanced selection at the end. You remind me of memory. Love that.


Hey, are you taggable?

I'm returning the favor.
If accepted, please list your five favorite poetry collections. They are supposed to be off the beaten path.

I'd like to hear what you come up with. I already mentioned YOU on my Read it and Weep Blog, so maybe you could limit yourself to only ONE of your own collections? :^)
I know that will be hard for you, if I wrote like you, my own would be my favorites too! LOL

mp

William F. DeVault said...

My five favourite poetry books?

1. How about "The Complete Works of Percy Bysshe Shelley" (I have an 1876 edition, full annotations by his wife, Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley).

2. "INVOCATO". By me. It is a hard to find collection of what I like best in my works. Only availble, I believe, through the publisher at lulu.com.

3. "Midnight Muse in a Convenience Store" by Daniel S. McTaggart. I talke dhim into doing the book and designed the cover. I better like it. Dan has a different voice than me, I appreciate that.

4. "Leaves of Grass" by Walt Whitman. Nuff said.

5. "Tamerlane and Other Poems": Edgar Allan Poe. This self-published collection couldn't get an overseas distributor, even with backing from Charles Dickens, when it first came out. Shows what publishers know about literature.

There are others, but you asked for five.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved