Monday, April 16, 2007

the challenge

I received from the band a piece of music this evening, and a challenge. I like challenges. They make me feel...worthy. Being a champion personality, I always have to have a cause or purpose (or totem) to fight towards or for.

So I sat down and slipped on my headphones and listened. It was nice, a little like the music from last year's "Beasts of Myth" off of "The Last Romantic Verb". But there was something else there. A majesty, a sorrow, a soulfulness, like a weeping dragon. Like a lonely god in a garden where the flowers never bloom except in memory.

So my challenge is to cut and record a lyric worthy of this anthem to the human soul.

I hate my band.

I am sad for what happened at Virginia Tech today. People, when they have issues, problems or conflicts, do not need to involve innocents. The power of our technology, our weapons, and the ease with which one can get them only makes incident like this all the more horrific. My prayers are with the families and friends of those who died and were wounded. May they find resolution and peace.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved