Monday, November 12, 2007

12

A few years back I announced a book project, one that has never seen the light of day. It was called "12" and I teased my regular readers with sweet nothings about the meaning behind the title and the content of the book.

The truth: The title was a binding metaphor, linking the Twelve Labours of Hercules to twelve major emotional and spiritual upheavals in my own life; from the death of a friend to my divorces, my estrangement from my daughter, and my own occasional follies resulting, more often than not, from trusting someone or something at face value while seeking validation for this role I took on (or was born into) as a poet, as the Amomancer.

I had not revealed that at the time, and hope my readers from back then will accept this tidbit in the spirit in which it is offered: As an indication that the project is not dead (nosferatu).

Now we get into layers of metaphor and allegory. Time will reveal much, as shall I.

You think that is something? Wait until you hear the story behind the novel I ghost wrote. But that is for another day.

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved