Tuesday, June 19, 2007

World's Record Poet?

For those of you not aware of it, this will be your first notice..for those of you aware, here is an update.

I have been contacted by the Guinness Book of World Records people and they are working on setting things up for my world record run at the "Longest continuous reading by a Poet or Author from their own works".

As I understand the process, they will take the proposal we submitted, and check to see if they already have such a record on file. If so, they will tell me where the bar is set...otherwise, if they are intrigued at all by my proposal, they will inform me that I am a go.

The controls for the reading are to be simple. It will be public, with witnesses and some designated individuals to verify the performance. I am considering asking some of my old friends from the Morgantown area Toastmasters organization to be part of the witnesses.

They also like recordings, photos, news stories, etc.

We are looking to do this in August or September of this year.

Is it a trivial record? Yes. But considering the fact that Guinness has previously certified such records as "the most downloaded pinup girl" and "the most baked beans eaten on toothpicks in one minute"...I think I don't have to worry about bringing down the level of discourse.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoooo!!
you go boyyyyyyy

William F. DeVault said...

Thank you, but save it for the after-record party...

Anonymous said...

I'm just trying to pump u up $

Ms. Adams said...

So, you did it did you? I mean you got the attention of the Guinness people. Well done, Bill.

I miss you, btw. :-) Ooh, hope that won't get me in trouble with your women. LOL.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved