Wednesday, January 09, 2008

the next book

I let slip a few weeks back that I am working on a new project. Like I ever am not working on a new project? Gheeze, people? Have you learned nothing?

New book? Hell, yes. Poetry collection, expect it in a little over two months. Working title is "1 Minute to Midnight". That, of course, is subject to change.

The title of the volume comes from a poem I wrote to my lady love just moments before midnight on December 31st. If you want to read it, the links is One Minute to Midnight, New Years Eve 2007.

Enjoi. She liked it. A lot.

Meanwhile, I am slaving away on my other projects. I have a big year planned. No. Not a big year. Take 1973, 1979, 1981, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2006 and 2007, put them in the blender and mix thoroughly. Pour the essence into a mold. Let dry, fill with dreams and nightmares undared, you have 2008.

At the end of the day at the end of the year, I want to hear the echoes from my sonic booms. Then, I will be almost content.

Almost.

2 comments:

Ms Peach said...

So happy for you!
This New Year's Eve was a vast improvement over last year's wasn't it?! It pays to keep the faith!

MP

William F. DeVault said...

Of course, Peach!

I hope all is dazzling with you.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved