Thursday, January 03, 2008

Moonstruck in the real world

One of my favourite films of all time has to be "Moonstruck", a great romantic film starring Cher and Nicolas Cage.

And one of the cutest scenes is where Loretta (Cher) goes in to confession to admit she has just slept with Ronnie (Nicolas Cage) the brother of her fiancee.

Loretta Castorini:
"Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. It has been two months since my last confession."

Priest:
"What sins have you to confess?"

Loretta Castorini:
"Twice I took the name of the Lord in vain, once I slept with the brother of my fiancee, and once I bounced a check at the liquor store, but that was really an accident."

Priest:
"Then it's not a sin. But... what was that second thing you said, Loretta?"

Why am I bringing this up? A good friend of mine asked me yesterday what I'd been up to lately and my response was:

"I finished the final edits on a book, proposed marriage and went in to visit my family over the holidays."

His reaction was a pause followed by..."What was that second thing you said?"

Somethings are too big to hide. Now, as long as she doesn't sleep with any of my brothers, we have a good shot at a happy ending. Oh, and even my family hasn't been told, so, Hi, Mom!

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved