Friday, January 25, 2008

belief

"He is dead in this world who has no belief in another."
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

belief

and so I live.
taken from my tomb into your womb
and nourished in your love and trust.
dust, dust cannot define me anymore
for I soar on wings of light and more,
more than mere dreams of kiss and words.

transfiguration.
I am the flaming butterfly in the dark,
sparks of red deeper than scarlet fly
like I do, obeying laws of nature regent
in a sphere the size of the eyes of God,
God who made you to the purpose of my heart.

there are martyrs
who did not believe as fiercely in their cause
as I do in you, belief relieving doubts that sprouted
horns and torn holes in my own shroud of clouds
in the new heavens that rose like fireflies
on the winds of night to convince me to live.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

7 comments:

candy said...

I love you my poet.

William F. DeVault said...

And I love you, my inspiration, muse and friend. Glad, so glad, to have you back and well-rested.

Ed Carson said...

uh oh, redesign in progress!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the redesign. It has a decidely gray-ish lavender hue to it. I think that's the man's version of purple. Looks good, and feels good with all the "mushy" love stuff around the edges, you two.

William F. DeVault said...

Mushy? I'll give you mushy!

lol

Ed Carson said...

Watch her, William. She's cooking up some fabulous blog design... :P I can tell from a continent away that she's up to something. Haha... :P

Oh, by the way, same question goes to you, too: when will you be visiting "my" part of the world (which by the way is in the same time zone as SA)? I could give you a free tour (OK, minus your tickets haha) of the region minus Turkey (which I haven't been to) and Iraq (unless you're really up for the adventure). :P

Ed Carson said...

By the way, Candy, your blog is possessed by the tokoloshe. It's hating me right now. My reply to your reply ended up getting quarantined too.

KILL THE TOKOLOSHE!! KILL KILL KILL! :P

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved