Tuesday, February 05, 2008

shiny things and a million new lives

Okay, some think that my new work "shiny shiny" is a bit blatantly erotic for the audience. Obviously, those are not people who have read my work for very long.

It is a little explicit for my usual, but if you follow the link to it above, you will find it is not overly so.

And to calm you beasts, I offer up another work of the same vintage, and to and of my lady love...

a million new lives

I will find a million new lives
when I touch your face and feel you,
soft as hope, ripe as passion,
and full of all my dreams,
ready to be mine forevermore.

You are my moon and stars,
cool comfort in a darkening night.
You are the sun that nourishes life
and draws my flowers to blossom
in your warm hands and grace.

I will lay with you past the clock's demand
and take my comfort in your kiss,
my pleasure in your loins
my legacy in what grows between us,
as we share with a world that waits for love.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

4 comments:

candy said...

I love the gentle approach you've used in this piece. It's ethereal. And I do believe that you rock - as a poet and as a man (among other things).

Anonymous said...

You people inspire me to keep believing and feeling,even without a love as sweet and pure as yours seems to be:) Thanks for sharing...you make me blush! Isn't pink wonderful?

William F. DeVault said...

You made me think on what sweet and pure mean in many different contexts, whoever you are (hint, hint).

Candy, thank you for the inspiration, the love and the moral support. One lifetime isn;t enough for all the gratitude I feel for your very existence.

candy said...

aw... me too.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved