Thursday, February 21, 2008

fidelis(terminus VI)

fidelis(terminus VI)

I would rather kiss you than make love with any other woman,
for that would violate my sacred vow and how could I live
knowing that what I was given as a grace and gift was set aside,
if even for a moment, for reasons and treasons I could not defend?
you are friend, to be sure, but pure and higher passions spend
their heat in units of a thermal, dermal demand I will command
only to your chariot of joy, harnessing the beasts of Apollo
and the winds I have brought from the high desert, blue as midnight
green as your eyes and black as lies revealed when unsealed
from the damning pride that tried their best to keep me from heaven.


William F. DeVault. all rights reserved.

1 comments:

candy said...

A powerful piece that draws to an incredibly brilliant ending. That last line bowls me over every time I read it.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved