Wednesday, February 13, 2008

open note

Open letter to a certain lurker:

How could you have been thinking about her "yesterday" when our logs show you visiting her blog and mine 10-20 times a day. Sounds a little more like you were thinking about her every day. Several times.

Sorry, man. You may hate me, and with every right, and I will not stop you from looking around or saying your mind, but there is a reality at work here, realize this. I would if I were you, as I would accept her at her word and wish for her the best.

But I believe I understand your obsession.

1 comments:

William F. DeVault said...

I understand his obsession, just not the means by which he has expressed it over the last several months. As someone who waited in the wings for the lady for a long period of time, even pre-dating him, I understand the interest he has in her.

Sick? No, more sad than anything else. I am sure, to his reckoning, he did all he could.

And banning people doesn't accomplish much, once you ban someone for saying something you think is offensive, what next? Banning people for holding different cultural or religious or political views than you? What then? A virtual apartheid system on the web where the webmasters (the minority) tell the users (the majority) where they can and cannot go or post?

I may disagree with his decision to place his meandering farewell message to Candy as a comment on a Valentine's Day post she wrote to and of me, rather than on a relevant posting, but again this is more sad than malicious.

I feel sorry for him. As he once had her love and it was his to keep had he walked the path wisely, I even envy him a bit.

Or, at least for a time, did envy him.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved