Saturday, March 15, 2008

small but mighty

Before everyone starts to have major withdrawals...

"here she comes to wreck the day!"
One thing we cannot have is the poet boycotting his own blog. (Good Lord!)

The lengths to which he'll go to get his way... are adorable.

Right now, as I write, he is finalising the judging of the West Virginia State Finals for “Poetry Out Loud: National Recitation Contest”, so I cannot yet announce a winner, or provide any meaningful feedback about the event on his behalf.

However, I can confirm that I spoke to him moments before the event commenced, when he informed me that first on the line-up was a reading of Edward Lear's Owl and the Pussycat.

We were both tremendously excited to learn this, since the poem holds special significance for us (something I'll elaborate on in another post).

While he's doing all the wonderful things that he does, I'm doing the final edit of his new (breathtakingly beautiful) collection of poetry, As Such, and thinking that it's high time that I began to cultivate my ability to write about love.

1 comments:

William F. DeVault said...

The judging is over, the winners are in. There were some remarkable young ladies this year (all contestants who won their regionals this year were female!)

The winner, well, I left my packet in my car and am so unwilling to go out in the rain again to get it...you all will have to wait until tomorrow for word from me.

Candy, thank you for posting and the kind words.

If you need any help experiencing the kind of love one writes about, just look in my eyes.

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved