Friday, February 21, 2020

First leg of tour in the rear view mirror

I set up two events for last week, bracketing personal business, as I never do anything for one reason! 

I had a signing event at the Barnes & Noble in Morgantown West Virginia, for sentimental reasons.  IT was okay, sold some books, met some old friends, I was underwhelmed at their enthusiasm at the store.  While they had promoted it on Facebook, they had not put it on their website, there were no signs announcing the signing (I am used to B&N putting up signs, even if occasionally misspelled), and only a single PA announcement.

Plus, they only ordered the softcover of QUINTESSENCE.  The hardcover outsells the softcover 4-1 online.  But I survived.

Then I had a reading at the Monongalia Arts Center (MAC).  Small crowd, but enthusiastic (sold more books), saw a few more old friends, and did my first ever public reading of The Sonnets of Grace, from QUINTESSENCE.  I had not read these aloud before.  I was very pleased with them and I think I did an adequate reading.

So, that's in the past, thanks to all who turned out, listened, bought books...

0 comments:

Copyright © William F. DeVault | All Rights Reserved